After I finished my Master’s degree in Information and Computer Engineering at TU Graz in 2010, I relocated to the Automatic Control Lab at ETH Zurich to work on my PhD thesis under the supervision of Heinz Koeppl. After my graduation in 2014, I joined the lab of Mustafa Khammash at the BSSE in Basel as a SystemsX.ch fellow. In early 2017 I started my own independent lab at the MPI-CBG / CSBD. In December 2018 I became a member of the Faculty of Computer Science at TU Dresden through the TUD Young Investigator Program.
- 2020: EMBO Young Investigator
- 2018: Awarded the TUD Young Investigator status
- 2015: ETH Medal for outstanding PhD theses
- 2014: SystemsX.ch transition postdoc fellowship
- 2013: Best paper award from the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB)